[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:55:05 UTC 2015

It is interesting to read people's various perspectives on ownership.
I have noticed that even among schools that do retain ownership, there
is considerable variability in what this actually entails. Some seem
pretty strict when it comes to annual veterinary reports and follow-up
visits while others do not. In my opinion, a school should not accept
students who they do not trust to satisfactorally care for their dogs.
If they are fairly confident the dogs are well cared for, there
shouldn't be any reason not to provide ownership.

As far as I know, none of the schools that retain ownership provide
regular veterinary assistance. GDF provides a one-time stipend for
medical expenses upon graduation and may provide assistance with major
veterinary costs. I'm not sure about the other schools.

Danielle and Thai