[nagdu] Wikki

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Mar 14 16:34:48 UTC 2015

Rebecca says it's easy to create an article on Wikkipedia.  It wouldn't
replace anyone's surveys, whenever they come out, just be an additional
resource for people trying to compare schools.  And it could be done pretty
quickly, seems like.

I'm thinking that people could put in info about their schools.  I can put
in basics for some, but there's a lot I don't know.

I made a sample of what I'd put for TSE.  I imagine similar sections for
other schools.

What do you'all think?

The Seeing Eye, seeingeye.org, in Morristown New Jersey, 45 minutes
south-east of New York City.

Breeds used:  A roughly equal mix of German shepherds, labs, goldens, and
lab/golden crosses. The mix of breeds can vary widely from class to class.
Standard poodles or boxers are sometimes available for people with severe
dog allergies.

Home training:  Yes, for graduates with special circumstances.

Multiple disability training: Yes sometimes, for graduates, determined on a
case-by-case basis.

Students per trainer:  4, usually working 2 at a time.

Class length:  For retrains, 17 days, starting Monday and ending on
Thursday.  First-time students stay another week, as can retrains needing
extra time.

Graduation ceremony:  No.

Puppy raiser contact:  No.

Follow-up:  Issues are usually handled over the phone, then in-person if
required.  Calls are usually returned within 24 hours.

Waiting list time after application:  Around 6 months.