[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:14:10 UTC 2015

Debby,
Using your analogy, though, we'd be talking about a 5 lb. argument between a
school and a vet. I surely hope things aren't that bad. We were always told
that different vets would have different opinions about all sorts of things
including the need for certain shots. When the schools start interfering
with the vet/handler relationship, they've crossed the line, IMO. If they
believed that one particular vet was routinely endangering his or her
patients, then they should be contacting the professional vet organizations.

I had a Lab/Golden cross who came home at 55 lbs. When the winter coat fell
off, it was obvious that he was way too thin. He spent most of his adult
life closer to 70 lbs, and he lived to be 15. Furthermore, when I have
consulted with the school's vets on other things, I have often found that
they didn't know as much as I did.
Donna & Hunter