[nagdu] A narrow escape

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:24:03 UTC 2015

Hi Donna, my Cleo wore a basket muzzle.  This, after she grabbed
a piece of meat that was still on a skewer.  Yes, I did get some
public reaction, but mostly people were curious.  Once I
explained, they usually would chuckle and say something like,
"Oh, those dogs and their mouths can sure get in trouble".  A few
people even asked me where I got mine because they wanted one for
theirs.  So for me, it was worth all the public hassle and
questions, knowing that Cleo was safe, and was not doing it.
Eventually I was able to take it off, but once in a while I'd
just make her wear it to remind her.  I had tried distracting
her, correcting her, using the Gentle Leader, nothing worked with
her.  I'm hoping Tracy doesn't have to do that, but I sure
wouldn't decide against it just because the public might not
understand.  I had two goals in mind when an instructor from TSE
suggested it.  One: to keep Cleo working safely and steadily, and
2.  to keep her safe from snfaring something that would make her
sick, hurt or kill her.  And I was desperate.  I'm so glad that
it worked for her.    Blessings,    Debby with Neena