[nagdu] Welcome new members!

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:44:40 UTC 2015

Welcome! Welcome!
Hope you all find this list very informative and supportive.

Just a quick intro from me. I am Marsha, working my third guide from GDF. My puppy is a black lab who is trained for guiding, balance and alerting. I am totally blind and profoundly deaf, deafblind. I live in Philadelphia PA. And will be graduating from university in less than 2 months. Atleast I hope. :)
I am also the moderator of this list. What does that mean? Well I am the one that keeps the list in order. Just a few rules, as there are more, but these are the ones I sort of harp on alot. :) One, the list has a 5 posts per day per member limit. Generally I understand, that people forget, people are busy, people get excited about a topic. But please keep it to 5 posts or less. Second, the list does not allow one word, one line messages. Nothing like I agree, or Thanks. I ask if you have a few things to say you make one big eamil and post that to the list. And second, the list is for the discussion of guide dogs, every thing to do with guide dogs, nothing more. Please stay on topic. If for whatever reason, there is an issue, I will always email you offlist first to remind you of these rules. I am not mean, nor do I try to be. I am perhaps too nice when it comes to the rules around here. I would also remind you that, this list has an upwards of 350 members, so for every post you make, imagine how many times that multiplies.
If you have any questions about the rules, please do not hesitate to email me offlist. I also do not bite. :)
Again, welcome!

Marsha drenth, NAGDU List Moderator
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.