[nagdu] From what school did you get your dog?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Mar 20 14:37:31 UTC 2015

My first three guides were trained by me.  My current guide was trained for
me privately by a blind service dog trainer who I hired.   In the U.S. the
legal requirement is that the dog be individually trained to do work or
perform tasks to mitigate the handler's disability.  There is no requirement
about who does that training.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC
Visit my new website on developing courage and living authentically:
http://www.falling-up.com