[nagdu] Fwd: 5 Reasons Why Guide Dogs Are a Terrible Idea!

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Fri Mar 20 14:39:17 UTC 2015

Well of course Craig.
The orthodox party line is supposed to be that having a guide dog and using
it will make no difference to your travel capabilities--sarcastic smile.
It is apparently unfashionable to admit that your dog does anything for you,
you are supposed to say that the dog is equal to the cane or the cane to the
guide dog and the dog just does nothing for you.
So if you believe that, then all you see are the disadvantages.

That's my take on it.
Life has many trade-offs, I use a guide dog for the benefits I derive from
it and realize that there are downsides.

Dan the man, Parker the hound