[nagdu] From what school did you get your dog?

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 20 17:17:44 UTC 2015

I became blind November 1971, had rehab at Carroll Center, Newton MA,
March-jun 1972, and went to Seeing Eye for my first dog August 1971, and
resumed teaching college physics Sept 1972. He was a black German shepherd.
Only problem was that he was a reluctant eater. Next was a yellow Lab, and
he was the opposite, literally inhaled his food without chewing. Third and
fourth were goldens. My current turned ten in January, and is still working
well. All were from Seeing Eye, and I was very happy with the training and
service. However he will probably be my last. I turned 79 this month, and
even using a staff have trouble picking up. I lose my balance, and
fall.Right now my wife helps me pick up while we are away in the south for
winter, and should be OK when I get home in April. However I do not know how
I will handle things in Orlando at the NFB con.

Ed Meskys