[nagdu] Fwd: 5 Reasons Why Guide Dogs Are a Terrible Idea!

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:03:16 UTC 2015

I actually like this article. Yes, the title may be a bit inflammatory, but
that's PR and writing these days. There was recently a blog on National
Braille Press called "Braille is Sexy," which rubbed some people the wrong
way too, but I liked that one as well.

The best part of this article, aside from it's overall well-written
enumerations of the realities of working with a guide dog, is IMO this:
Block quote
Whatever the guide dog school marketing might argue, the dog does not grant
you independence; it will enhance it. Do get a dog if you can treat the dog
as a living, breathing companion you can collaborate with to navigate the
world.

Block quote end
Donna & Hunter