[nagdu] Fwd: 5 Reasons Why Guide Dogs Are a Terrible Idea!

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Mar 22 17:02:08 UTC 2015

Debby, I totally agree that we are eye doctors' failures and they
don't want to have us come through their doors.  I have an
ophthalmologist I see at times.  I want him to check the general
health of my eyes because I am at risk for other eye conditions.  I
told him up front that I am very comfortable with my blindness and
know he can't do anything but check the health of my eye.  We had a
very good conversation.  I don't think an eye doctor is equipped to
tell anyone they need to learn braille, get a dog...  They should make
referrals to people who have been trained to help someone make those
decisions or provide good information about options.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053