[nagdu] From what school did you get your dog?

Lori Dent loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sun Mar 22 04:28:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I got my first guide dog back in 1997 from Pilot Dogs in Columbus, Ohio. I
knew someone who had a Pilot Dog and they encouraged  me to go down to Pilot
Dogs and take a tour of the ficility . So that's what I did. While I was
there I got to walk with a female Golden Retriever  and the trainer who took
me out for that first walk was John Bertram and after I took that first walk
with that Golden I knew that this is what I wanted was a guide dog. They
wanted me to go home and think about it some more but there was no doubt
that a guide dog was the right choice for me. So this female Golden
Retriever  that I got to walk with or test out for the first time did
actually become my Pilot Dog. Besides  getting my first female Golden
retriever, I also had four more dogs from Pilot Dogs and they were in order
female Golden retriever, a male black lab, another male black lab, a male
yelllow lab, a male  black Standard Poodle. But after having my black
Standard Poodle  I decided to change guide dog schools because Pilot Dogs
just wasn't working out for me

So now I'm with Leader Dogs and I  have had 2 wonderful dogs from
LeaderDogs.  changing  guide dog schools was the best decision I ever made.
I'm happy  with my current guide dog school and I always will get my dogs
from LeaderDogs. Take care.

Lori and the Gipper