[nagdu] choosing a particular breed and reasons why?

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Sun Mar 22 09:33:21 UTC 2015

BS'D

On our application, we can fill in if we're prefering a breed. I had the Golden on the top, then the Labrador and last the German Shepherd. When I applied tough, they only trained Labradors, Golden/Labradors, German Shepherds and Poodles.

In Sweden, we say that it exists two lines of Labradors, the show and the field lines; the same is true for the Golden. The only Retrievers who only have one line is the Flat-Coated Retriever who's pure field.

However, I told the instructors that the breed wasn't that important for me; the most important for me was that they picked a dog who'd fit my personality and my lifestyle. Today, I see that the Golden wouldn't fit me as a working Partner; I'd love one as a pet dog in the future tough. German Shepherds are also out. I got an energetic black Labrador girl with a lot of personality. She's from a show line I think, but she's many field qualities as I requested. I also think it's wrong to say that they're stuborn, self-confident feels more correct. My girl is very girlish, she loves working but going the same routes again, again and again are very boring and then she becomes a little diva. Many of my friends wonder how I can put up with her personality, but I love her quirks! She's really the perfect dog for me. She's a sniffer and scavenger, but I think these bad habits could be better if she had more training as a puppy. I think my dog was very spoiled as a puppy!

In the future, I'd say that the right dog is more important than the breed, but I'd very happy for a Field Labrador Retriever or Flat-Coated Retriever. If I'd owner-tr,n, I would choose a Flattie!

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse and Hera <3