[nagdu] choosing a particular breed and reasons why?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 04:35:39 UTC 2015

Every guide dog must be self-confident and stubborn to a point. It is
their job to make executive decisions, and act according to judgment,
sometimes independent of verbal/physical cues and commands. They are
right when they are right, and they make sure you know that.
When I refer to a labrador's stubbornness, I am specifically talking
about their level of compliance. Compared to the typical adult golden
retriever or shepherd, many adult labradors have a lower level of
compliance.
I am not referring to every labrador all the time in all places, just
referring to generalizations I have developed after my personal
experiences, and lengthy discussions I've had with other pet dog
trainers and labrador pet owners.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs