[nagdu] GEB application process

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:07:44 UTC 2015

Debbie,
Applying to Guiding Eyes entails completing an online application,
submitting a vision report, and 3 reference forms, which GEB mails to
your listed references. Next, GEB sends a field rep out to your
residence to complete a questionnaire about your lifestyle and
preferences, to examine your current living/home environment, to video
record you traveling a route, and take a Juno walk to gauge harness
pull and your walking pace.
As Danielle said, it takes about six months from your acceptance to
getting into class, but it was only 2 months for me. I applied and did
my home visit in March of that year, and was placed in the June class,
which was very speedy, considering I was particular about dog breed.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs