[nagdu] age of guide dog maturity

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:44:06 UTC 2015

John,
Large breed dogs, which includes retriever breeds, mature between 2
and 3 years of age. So while your dog is definitely not done growing,
whether she is too young to be a guide is determined by you, the
person who lives with her strengths, weaknesses, habits, and level of
understanding 24-7.
If you are having trouble with some behavior, let us know what it is,
and we will offer whatever help we can. Many young dogs just require
an extra mile of patience and persistence.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs