[nagdu] Beef bones?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 31 14:12:16 UTC 2015

Rox,

I have given her smaller commercial beef bones with the marrow and never had a problem, so am less concerned about that than I am about just giving her the bones.  I will confirm with the farmer and butcher, so we should be good to go!

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: The Pawpower Pack <pawpower4me at gmail.com> To: Daryl Marie <crazymusician at shaw.ca>, NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Sent: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:05:20 -0600 (MDT) Subject: Re: [nagdu] Beef bones?  Daryl, I usually give the knuckles or feet or legs. Just raw. Although you may wish to specify that the skin, fur and hooves be removed. I did not do this my first time ordering from a farmer and I got everything from the knee down. My dogs loved it but I would not want to repeat the experience! Otherwise, you want the pieces to be bigger than her mouth, especially if she will gulp.  You also may wish to remove some of the marrow because it may be too rich for her at first. Good luck! My dogs are very fond of their beef bones!  Rox and the kitchen Bitches: Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil Pawpower4me at gmail.com Sent from my iPhone > On Mar 31, 2015, at 8:43 AM, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote: > > Hey, guys! > > > We order beef from a farm just outside of town, and I am contemplating requesting beef bones for Jenny. For those who feed raw and/or order such things from butchers, is there a specific way they are prepared? Something I should watch for? > > Daryl > _______________________________________________ > nagdu mailing list > nagdu at nfbnet.org > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/pawpower4me%40gmail.com