[nagdu] fall

Rachel Krieg rkrieg7583 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 04:28:45 UTC 2015

Hi, all.

Sunday afternoon, I was taking the trash out. I used my cane because I need
to be able to use my cane in case something happens to Lady, God forbid.

Well, I was about to cross, and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground
with all my weight falling on my left knee.

I went to urgent care today, and they x-rayed it. It hurts a lot, but thank
God, it isn't broken.

Lady could tell I was in pain, and wouldn't leave my side when I was getting
x-rays. Usually, I'd have her go into the control room with the tech, but
she refused.

I've been given strict orders to follow up in a week, sooner if it gets
worse. They also told me to not leave the house without Lady. If it happens
again, and she's with me, if I feel like I'm going to fall, I give her the
command brace, and she helps me regain my balance.

I'm so blessed to have Lady, I was stupid for not taking her, but if she
can't work for whatever reason, I need to be able to navigate the complex
with a cane. It's difficult, it really is.

However, Pilot is starting a mobility program where Steve Hoyt teaches cane
travel. He is a dog trainer, too, but he got his Master's in orientation and
mobility.

Leader does a similar program too, which I think is neat.

Anyhow, I'm glad the knee wasn't broken, as if it had been, I would have to
have used crutches and I'm not sure how I would have done that with a cane
or a dog.

Rachel and Lady the lovable lab