[nagdu] application for Leader update

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 04:52:14 UTC 2015

Hello,

In my experience, dogs are super great at reading human emotion.  If you
are stressed...and how could you not be...if you are sad, as I'm sure
you are for going through this super difficult time, your puppy will
be.  Make sure that for the time you are with her, you try to act as if
you're chill.  While you make her the center of your universe...which
she is...remember that anything that you do that is out of the ordinary
in terms of extra attention is something she'll pick up on.  Try to act
as you've always been with her and she should be calm.  While I know
it's super hard to do, try to make her think that everything is great
and wonderful...and when you go to the co-worker's house, act as if this
is a super happy place and try to interact with the kids as well.  When
you leave, save your emotions until she can no longer see you.  There
are two schools of thought...one is to take her there for a brief, short
amount of time and then take her home with you again.  The other is to
just take her and leave her there for a while to let her acclimate.  I'm
sure people on this list will chime in with opinions...I've found that
just taking a puppy and leaving them with their new family was
easier...but that could be just because I'm me.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this.  The first dog is the
hardest.  I didn't know what people meant when saying that, but I do
now...and it's pretty true.  You don't know when the right time is, even
if you do manage to figure that out you'll second-guess yourself...I
hope that you can surround yourself with support and love during this
difficult transition...and that you can make it as painless as possible
for Jada.

Thanks.