[nagdu] feedback on Lady

Rachel Krieg rkrieg7583 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:59:38 UTC 2015

Hi, all.

Okay, here's your mind-boggling question for the day/week.

Let me preface this by saying Lady is the first dog I've owner trained.

I am in no way bashing either method, but I could use some feedback when it
comes to resolving this problem.

I moved into my new place on April 1. In order to take Lady to the relief
area, I have to go around a low wall.

However, Lady doesn't see it as a wall, but rather a low curb. I have fallen
as a result.

I want to nip things in the bud.

I realize I don't work her as often as some of you guys do, and I also
realize that I don't work her in as busy of an area as some of you do.

However, this has to do with my lifestyle, and also due to my other
disabilities. It's not fear itself that is stopping me from working in
busier environments, but being that I am totally blind, have balance issues,
and hearing issues, it makes things more challenging.

I've asked for help from people, and their response has been to "figure it
out". First and foremost, I am not, nor do I pretend to be a trainer.
Second, I've had neighbors threaten me that they will call animal control
and get Lady removed because her guiding isn't what it should be.

I'm just discouraged right now. Maybe I'm not meant to have a guide dog, but
if I'm not, then why have I had so many?

Rachel and Lady the lovable lab