[nagdu] restaurants and cafes

Sonja O sohldag at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 04:14:11 UTC 2015

Hi Pam :)
It depends on the setting..
If the chair and table have real legs, Chief is inbetween my legs, underneath the table. I have an over the shoulder leash, which I step on. He's got enough spiel to shift or sit, if he has to, but usually he plunks himself on the ground and stays on his mat.
If the table has only one middle leg or a pole or something in the middle with a spread out foot, I place him next to my chair, next to the pole leg. I always sit by a wall, which gives me the best option. Also here, I step on the leash and have my hands free. He hardly ever moves during meals.
When I go to the restroom and it's a tiny space, I just leave him in a downstay with the lead next to him on the ground. He stays and doesn't get distracted.
My main concern is - always out of the way, cause I am worried someone might step on him or fall over him and hurt him in the process..

Have a good day, sonja and Chief :)