[nagdu] vet question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 15 12:37:16 UTC 2015

I think there are more important things to consider than where the vet practices.
As others said, I'd ask around about prices.  Seems to me all vet visits cost a lot more than they used to.
I'd also ask myself:
Can I get to the vet easily?
Is there an emergency vet, for when there's a problem in the middle of the night, or on the weekend?  (Because that's when problems happen most!)
Is the vet kind to my dog?
Does the vet explain things clearly, so I understand what's happening with my dog and why the vet is recommending a treatment?
Is the vet pushing a lot of tests or other things I don't feel are necessary?
Can my dog see the same vet regularly, so the vet gets to know him and what's normal for him, or is it a clinic where he sees whoever's available, and am I OK with that?

JMO.
Tracy