[nagdu] Engaging distractors

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:32:47 UTC 2015

I generally try to ignore human distractors who talk to my dog, unless
they ask me a direct question. My dog basically ignores exclamations
of "doggy" or "how beautiful" so the most I really need to do is tell
him "leave it" followed by another command.
I will however say something to people who I suspect are about to pet,
which I can usually tell because Thai will wag his tail a little. I
might also say something to a person who repeatedly tries to interact
with my dog in a situation where I can't simply walk away.

Danielle and Thai