[nagdu] New dog

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue May 19 01:33:00 UTC 2015

I have been looking for a female Shepherd to work with my power
wheelchair,now that Shaman is retired. Neechee just cant keep up with this
chair. She tried so hard but her legs are so short that she just can't stay
in the right position for guiding me. She ends up in the heeling position.
I think it is best for Neeche and me that she just continue to work with me
in the manual chair or when I am able to walk. She does great for that.The
new  German Shepherd has had almost no training.I have my work cut out for
me.We are working on much needed house manners at this time. She does know
what NO means and will some times sit when asked.It is a work in progress.
She did learn what OFF THE BED means last night and remembered it this
morning when I asked her to get off my bed.She is crate trained and house
broken. She will also go lie in her crate if she wants to during the day. I
leave the door open on the crate. I have not really settled on a name yet
but am trying out a few to see if she responds to any of them.She is mostly
black with a little bit of tan on her neck and chest and legs.I looked at a
lot of dogs before deciding on this one. Since she is a rescue, I don't
know how old she really is but the vet thinks between 2 and 3 years.I
really like this girl.    Mardi and Shaman,retired and Neechee and New
Dog,a work in progress.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/