[nagdu] Request for help regarding emergency services

Ginger Kutsch Ginger at ky2d.com
Fri May 22 17:15:29 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm compiling some tips for EMS providers and hoped to  get some input from
you all about your experiences with emergency transportation via ambulance
during a medical crisis. More specifically, I'm looking for information on
what worked well, and what didn't work so well. For instance, were you
allowed to have your dog transported with you? Where did the dog ride during
transport? Was the dog comfortable during the crisis or did you find that
the dog's behavior was problematic because of the situation e.g. separation
anxiety, concern about your safety, over-protective, etc. Were you able to
maintain control of the dog thru its leash or did an EMS provider manage the
dog? Were you conscious  during transport? Were the EMS providers efficient
while guiding you? Did they explain what they were doing as they went along?

Another question I have is where do you keep your dog's equipment? Do you
have a designated spot for it, and if so, where?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer. If you would prefer to respond to
me privately, please send your message to:

advocacy at seeingeye.org

Thanks, and hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Ginger