[nagdu] Lickers

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:22:21 UTC 2015

I would think you could treat it like any other undesirable behavior. Redirect the dog when she’s licking. Maybe give her a bone or some other toy and praise her for playing with it. Remind her to leave it when you notice her starting to lick something, and praise her when she does it.

My partner’s dog licks a lot, but he seems to only lick her, which she doesn’t mind. I got him to stop licking me by tapping his nose and saying “Yuck”. He hardly does it now.

Hope some of this helps.

Shannon and the Acelet