[nagdu] update

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Tue May 26 20:16:44 UTC 2015

Buddy:

Your description is correct.  The chest snap in pad is either plain leather
or, with the spikes.    The spikes are a single line of 7 thin plastic flat
top spikes about 1 inch long.The spikes are used to discourage the dog from
pulling too hard.   When I got Eva a year ago they gave me the spike strip
but, I have never had to use it.

To some it may sound cruel but, the trainers assure me that it is not.  If
you don't agree, then just take them home and don't use them.  Eva's my
first dog from Pilot so, I really don't have an opinion for or against using
the spike strip.  Believe me, in the past 40 years I've worked a few very
hard pulling dogs and, I might have used the spike strip  if I had one.
There is nothing worse than trying to work a dog that has such a hard pull.
I am sure these little bits of plastic can't possibly hurt some of those big
strong muscular dogs.  I also know they advise students to only use them if
all other methods of controlling the pull have not worked.

Sandra and Eva