[nagdu] Hot Summer in Florida

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri May 29 21:14:15 UTC 2015

Is it really that much hotter in Florida than Kentucky? It is plenty hot and
humid there. Where in Kentucky. Well, anyway, you could get dog booties and
acclimate your dog to using those. I would plan my trips outside in cooler
parts of the day and make them minimal. Not only are the feet a concern, but
general over heating is. I don't know how cool the aunt keeps her place, but
if really cool, you especially want to be careful. Carry water and dampen
the dog's head to keep it cool, but you don't want it to have the sun
reflecting off that. Be watchful of dragging and excessive panting. You just
have to be aware of what is going on with the dog and take good care not to
go out for extended peeriods during the hottest times of the day.
Cindy