[nagdu] Seeking support from handlers in Wisconsin

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Sat Nov 7 20:12:49 UTC 2015

Just a quick update.  Wisconsin is moving forward with aligning our State
law with current Federal law governing service dogs. We had worked hard to
convince our sponsoring Senator (R) that the Florida law would be ideal, but
due to the current political climate in Wisconsin, he felt that certain
aspects would not fly with this current legislature.  However, he does
believe that we have a good chance of bringing state law in line with
current federal law, and possibly amending as it moves through the bill
process.  Regardless, it is felt that once our bill is passed, we have more
of a foundation to start to tighten the proverbial clamps.  So, what I am
looking for is any of the following in the State of Wisconsin: guide dog or
service dog handler of any kind, puppy raiser, training program to please
email me with your statement of support signed with your first and last name
and the city in which you live in Wisconsin. You can email this to Steve
Johnson @ blinddog3 at charter.net

My statement focused on an individual who I worked with, and how her cousin
had purchased an I.D., and vest on-line, and how she was going to use to
take her dog everywhere she went. This frustrated me to the nth degree, and
this is just one of countless reasons why Wisconsin needs to align our
current state law with current federal law.

Thanks for your support,

Steve Johnson

 P.S. The bill will be introduced the week of Thanksgiving, and your support
is needed.  We have heard that our State's Protection and Advocacy agency as
well as the ILC's are against it.