[nagdu] Stressed dog?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 15 17:19:39 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone,
I wrote here a couple of weeks ago about my workplace and its rotten egg smell. Basically ever since then, I've noticed Jenny has ben so stressed in general, even though the smell is gone.  I've written before how ecstatic Jenny is to leave the building at the end of the day, and her peculiar reluctance to find the door to find the door to get inside (Jenny is normally a door-finding superhero). Whether she's picking up on my work stress, finds the lack of sunshine or places to walk boring, or there's something wrong with the building itself, I can't tell in particular. But I notice that her guide work seems to have a pattern to it. From Friday to Sunday, her work has a steady pattern of gradually improving, with Sundays being by far the best day. Mondays can go either way. Tuesday to Friday, particularly the afternoons, she just seems to be on a HUGE distraction kick. Mornings, she is nearly flawless in her work. So for whatever reason - boredom, stress (hers or mine or both) or some problem with the office building itself - I firmly believe that my job is detrimental to my dog, myself, and our partnership.

Unrelated to this, though, I have made a decision to leave my job at the end of the year. I am unable to handle the stress of my office dynamics, the unwillingness of my employer to be supportive of my desire to be autonomous and productive, and the complete isolation in office location. All of these elements have combined to make work an incredibly miserable experience.

Any pointers on things to do to ride this out? I've tried to give Jenny things to do during the day, but that doesn't seem to help much.

Thanks for any input.

Daryl