[nagdu] Fell down

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Nov 23 13:24:55 UTC 2015

Yesterday, I went for a nice walk, but I took a bad step on one of those
treacherous cracks that run parallel to the sidewalk, turned my ankle, fell
down, and skidded along on my face.  Owie!  I've got quite a shiner, and I
spent yesterday afternoon with my ankle elevated, putting ice on it.

Krokus was upset when I fell, but I don't think he knows what happened.  At
least, once I got him going again, he worked the same as always, so far as I
could tell.  I don't know if I'm more wobbly, or he doesn't look out on the
right very well.  This is my third fall since I've had him, a little more
than a year.  The first was in the first week of our association, when
accidents are likely.  The second was when I tripped on the edge of an ice
bank getting out of the street.  The third was taking a bad step yesterday.
All of them involved some little thing on my right. I don't want him hugging
the left, but I don't want to trip on stuff, either.  I want him to walk
down the middle of the sidewalk.  But I thought he was, and I still fell
down.

I know I have weak ankles.  I know a yoga exercise that's supposed to help.
Guess I better start doing it.

Two Indian girls came to help me when I fell down, though I didn't really
need help.  But it was nice of them.  When I fell in the snow, no one came
to help, even though I heard people nearby.

Tracy