[nagdu] Fell down

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 24 14:41:58 UTC 2015

Actually, I know how to work on both those things.  If the dog is too far
right, I slap my right leg.  This is a technique trainers use, and it
moves the dog over left.
If the dog is too far left, and I'm totally sure there's no reason not to
move right, I can stop, drop the harness, and take a step or 2 to the
right, bring the dog into position, and resume working.  It's knowing that
it's OK to step right that's the tricky part.
I really hate a strong left tendency, precisely because, as you say, the
pedestrian traffic is coming right at me.

I think the sidewalk may be narrower than I thought in the place where I
fell, so maybe Krokus has to learn to slow down on narrow sidewalks, and I
have to learn not to try to speed him back up when he does.
Tracy