[nagdu] Grabbing my harness was Humor for blind people

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:09:16 UTC 2015

If someone grabs my harness handle, I tell them "Please don't hang
onto the harness handle. You are interfering with my dog's ability to
guide and my ability to follow him."
Surprisingly, I'm pretty diplomatic about it. I don't usually react
kindly to people invading my space.

Once, I was at a cafe on my college's campus, and I needed help
finding a waste basket, so I asked the girl sitting at the cash
register if she could help me find it. She stood up, came over to me
and said: "Raven, I'm in your class, and I'm going to touch you." As
if I should just accept that because we were familiar with each other
or something. I told her that she should ask in the future if it is
okay to touch, or ask how would I prefer to be guided rather than
asserting that she is going to grab me.
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research
www.1am-editing.com

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs