[nagdu] The move from hell

Lori Dent loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sat Oct 3 04:46:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm back and I'm going to give you an update and tell you all about our move from hell.

Rick arranged to have the movers (Cleveland Moving Company)  come out on Friday September 25th to move us from our apartment to our new house  .

But before I tell you about the move  let me tell you about  what happened to  Rick's paycheck. Rick and I went down to the post office a week before the actual move  to the post office know that we wanted our mail to still be delivered to our apartment on the day of the move for the last time because on this day Rick was expecting his paycheck in the mail. This paycheck that Rick got was to pay for the move.Well when I went to check the mail their wasn't any mail to get except for a post card from the post office saying something like vacant . We told the post office to deliver our mail on Friday September 25, 2015 for the last time and then the next day to start delivering the mail at the new address at the new house.

Needless to say since the mail wasn't delivered to the apartment and Rick's paycheck wasn't in the mail he had to go down to the post office and straightened  things out with our mail delivery and see about getting his paycheck from the mail carrier  so that he could pay the movers. Rick had to chase the mail carrier down  on his route.Rick did manage to finally get his paycheck from our mail carrier. So you can see the day didn't start out on a good note and the day only got even worse.

The movers were supposed to be at our apartment between eleven and noon to move us. But  I got a call from them  that they will be a half hour late  which at that time I wasn't to worried. But a little later on the movers called back again and said  that they were sitting at a gas station  where they were going to get gas  to fill up the truck to make the trip and move. But their company credit card  wasn't working and they couldn't get gas so they didn't have enough gas to make the trip and do the move.

So this meant that they couldn't make the trip and do the move but they said that they would have their company try to send another truck out later on in the afternoon to try to do the move or try getting a truck out on Saturday the next  day if their's a opening available. By this time Rick and I were very frustrated  about the entire situation. In my opinion the movers should have had the truck gassed up and ready to go the day before the move so there wouldn't be any problems.The Cleveland Moving Company was supposed to call us back on Friday afternoon to let Rick and I know if another truck could be arranged for Friday afternoon or for Saturday but we never got a call back from them. Needless to say Rick and I were very stressed and very upset about the whole situation.

Rick and I now had to figure out what we were going to do  about moving because we had to be out by the end of the month.

I told Rick we will never use this moving company ever again and we will not recommend them to anyone. They were very unprofessional and left Rick and I hanging  not knowing what to do about the move.

Rick and I ended up  getting a couple of friends of my mom's who had a pick up truck and a flat bed trailer  and t hey came over along with my dad and his vehicle  along with Rick and I helping to move us from the apartment to our new house 3.8  miles away. It took us all that entire weekend to move everything from the apartment to the new house. Lets just say it was a very stressful and frustrating move for us and were glad the move is done and over with.

I stayed up late at night  unpacking and putting things away and not going to bed until around three and four in the morning.

I have the kitchen totally cleaned up and things put away in it's place  and it looks like a kitchen. I got the living room area all arranged and pretty much done except for putting things back on our intertainment center. I also have our bedroom  totally done. The three bedrooms here in the house are smaller than  what our bedrooms were at our partment. So Rick has to use the front bedroom  closet for his clothes and he also has to put his dresser in here  along with  any other stuff of his. The middle bedroom used to be my grandmother's bedroom and there's still a lot of my grandmother's things  in there that we need to  clear out and get rid of. Plus we have some of our unpacked boxes in there that we still have to go through and put away somewhere. Eventually this middle bedroom  we will make it into a guest bedroom. Plus   the garage is totally full with Rick's and my stuff and still alot of my grandmother's stuff that needs to go tthrough and get rid of  or get donated to somewhere.

We also got our cable, phone and internet hooked up along with a security system installed in the house.We just got our computer back up and running because after Time Warner Cable came out to install the cable, phone and internet hook up we still couldn't connect to the internet. The Warner Cable had to come back out a second time and get our computer up and running again and it turned out that we needed to replace our old modem  with a new modem which fixed the issue with our computer so now were back in business and on line again.

All the animals are  doing well in their new home and Gipp and Little Girl love the fenced in back yard.

Oh by the way, I will be eventually buying my grandmother's house and I'm in the process of filling out papers to help me be able to buy this house. Their  are government  programs out there that will will help me be able to  buy this house. I think that's about it for now. I'm still so far behind on my email and Idon't know if I'll ever get caught back up but I'll try to do the best that I can. Take care.

Lori and the Gipper