[nagdu] Allergies re-re-re-re-re-visited

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 5 17:11:38 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone,
I woke up this morning to a dog (and cats) that is a COMPLETE itch bucket!  My poor girl can't seemt o stop scratching... and then I realized that I've broken out in hives. My coworkers are also suffereing severe allergy symptoms, so I know it's not unique to my home...

Pluses to this: Jenny's ears are looking great, and she has not barked at all... either the humidifier is taking off some of the dry edge to the air, or soothing her enough to let her sleep and just roll with stuff.

I have a couple of questions:
For those whose dogs respond well to OTC allergy medication, what works? Benadryl doesn't work for my dog. I've heard of Allegra, but I can only find HUGE 180mg pills, which seems extreme. Claritin looks insanely expensive, but I found an off-brand that gives me 365 10mg tablets...
I started putting coconut oil in Jenny's ears to deal with the remnants of an ear infection, but the day after I do this, her ears are really really hot. So either she responds to the coconut oil, or simply doesn't need it right now... thoughts?

Thanks a ton!

Daryl (with Jenny, who just wants to feel better!)