[nagdu] Impulse control

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:57:21 UTC 2015

Oh Tracy, I know! But perhaps after wearing the basket muzzle
awhile, he'll catch on.  Cleo did.  She wore it.  Then I'd try
not having her wear it, and she'd screw up, so back on it would
go.  After awhile it got longer and longer between times when she
screwed up.  She literally would almost pull me off my feet
lunging under a table in a restaurant as we passed by if there
was food there.  I really think that there are dogs that just
can't resist grabbing stuff, no matter what you do.  So you have
to make the consequence something that they hate, really hate.
Cleo really hated the basket muzzle.  But like I said, she
eventually got over grabbing stuff so much.  Hang in there!
Debby and Nova