[nagdu] Impulse control

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Oct 5 16:06:35 UTC 2015

Yesterday, I happened to have lunch seated near a buffet table.  When I got
up to leave, Krokus jumped up on the buffet and helped himself to a
sandwich.  I corrected him very sharply, but I suspect the turkey made a
bigger impression than my correction.  Clearly, we still have impulse
control issues.

He's very smart about knowing when he's being set up.  When we're practicing
impulse control, he's an angel, otherwise, not so much.  I'm not sure if
it's a question of duration-I can resist that sandwich for 20 minutes, but
not a minute longer-or that he knows to the millisecond when I'm not
expecting trouble and takes advantage.

And no, I didn't have the Gentle Leader on him, because, when I've left it
on while he's lying down, he very quietly wiggled it loose enough to eat it,
and then I had to worry about that passing through him.  Good thing he's
part goat.

I have a call in to the school, but so far their suggestions have not been
effective.  I guess I'll ask them about the basket muzzle, but I'd rather
get some way to convince him to be good.

Tracy