[nagdu] Bringing my dog?

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Oct 15 02:46:43 UTC 2015

I,

I have participated in a number of trade shows as well as book signings and
other exhibits. I always bring my dog. Actually, I want people to see the
dog as she is a good attraction for the booth. Often I will even take off
the harness, especially during book signings, and let people interact with
her.

Why, because no matter how much I or we think people will come to see the
dog almost without exception it gives me opportunities to discuss whatever
brings me to the show. The guide dog is by any definition a door opener.
This is the up side to having a guide dog when selling.

I do NOT permit people to interact with my guides when they are in harness,
but even then people come over, see the dog, and begin talking with me. It
is up to me to guide, as it were, the discussion.

If you are self-conscious about having a guide dog then by all means do not
take it. If you are proud of your lifestyle and your guide dog that will
show in your interactions with your potential customers. Pride and
self-confidence will help you sell. Fear will push people away.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
"Speaking with Vision"
Michael Hingson, President
(415) 827-4084
info at michaelhingson.com
To order Michael Hingson's new book, Running With Roselle, and check on
Michael Hingson's speaking availability for your next event please visit:
www.michaelhingson.com

To purchase your own portrait of Roselle painted by the world's foremost
animal artist, Ron Burns, please visit http://www.ronburns.com/roselle