[nagdu] Medical transportation.

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Tue Oct 20 13:38:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,
Hope you all are doing well. I have an interesting question for you all today.
Currently, my Mom has Medicaid and they have a transportation vehicles to get their patients to and from medical appointments. Well, my Mom is having surgery on Friday, and I plan on riding in the vehicle with her. The company does allow a person to accompany the patient. My question is this, can they deny me from bringing my guide dog with us? Technically, I am not the patient. I would think that if I was the patient that they could not deny me from bringing him, but I don't know how it will work, since I am not the patient.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks for any advice.
Deanna and Mambo

--