[nagdu] Researching and applying to guide dog school

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 26 17:35:57 UTC 2015

Hi, Amanda!
Everyone's questions might be a bit different, but if I had to do my first-timer questions over again, I would ask several or these questions:
Length of training?
In-home or in-class training?
training methods (traditional, positive reinforcement, clicker, combination?)
Follow-up visits?
How do they match the dogs?
Ownership policy?
If ownership is not granted, how much autonomy does an individual student have regarding food, medical care, activities for the dog in off-time, changing training, etc.?

Those are just a few... I'm sure I have more.

Daryl