[nagdu] Talking points for convos with training centers' directors

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 02:27:14 UTC 2015

Raven:

Excellent list of questions.  I would ask how or why they think they can get
away with violating the ADA
by not allowing guide dog user's equal access to all areas and
activities of their programs and facilities.  To me, they are in direct
violation of this federal law.  As I said before, how can we expect the rest
of the country to follow the ADA when the NFB doesn't do it and daily denies
access to those using guide dogs.  This doesn't make sense and must be
stopped immediately.  I am amazed that this discrimination is still going on
after all these years.  I am also amazed that we haven't seen lawsuits from
guide dog user's who have been denied access with their dogs at the NFB
Centers.  I've never attended any kind of rehab center but, believe me if I
did, I would not tolerate this kind of discrimination.  It is about time
that all guide dog user's start fighting back when we are denied equal
access.  It is particularly offensive when it is the  major advocacy
organization for the blind doing the discriminating.  NFB, SHAME ON YOU AND
NAGDU, SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT FIGHTING THIS!!!

Sandra
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net