[nagdu] Are Training Program Policies Discriminatory? was Talking points for convos with training centers' directors

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 4 19:57:35 UTC 2015

Marianne,

	Since membership in an affiliate division constitutes membership in NAGD and you are a member of the Ohio Association of Guide dog users, you are a member of NAGDU. My point in the message I sent was not that one must be a member of NAGDU to participate in our programs; rather, it was to make the point that many people are critical of our positions and have preconceived notions about our structure but are not involved in the organization and, as such, their criticism is empty. Membership has its priveleges, as American Express asserts. The privilege of membership in NAGDU is to speak on the floor, vote, and hold office. We give anyone wishing to have their voice heard the opportunity to do so on this list; however, most on this list are not members. They take advantage of our assets without any investment in the organization. They are more than happy to talk about their rights but refuse to exercise responsibility. There are not rights without concomitant responsibilities.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala