[nagdu] Yeast

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:43:26 UTC 2015

Tracy,
To counteract the amount of sugar feeding the yeast, you can use
spirulina and/or bone broth.

Spirulina is a sea vegetable that helps with immune function, organ
function, and GI health. Yeast originate in the GI tract, and
spirulina suppresses bad gut bugs like yeast and E-coli, and
stimulates the growth of beneficial gut flora.
Get the powder form, and give Krokus 1/2 tsp daily. Start by giving
him 1/4 tsp for the first week, then increase the amount. If he has
tummy trouble when you increase it, just scale it back.

Bone broth has an array of benefits, but they also stem from its
ability to heal the GI tract. A GI tract in disrepair is the primary
cause of health issues throughout the body. Bone broth contains amino
acids such as prolene and glutamine, which helps with gut, immune, and
brain function, and it is a source of bioavailable nutrients,
especially for your dog since they absorb nutrients from animal
sources more readily than any other source.

Make bone broth by filling a crock pot or stock pot with bones (beef
bones, chicken bones, pork, fish, etc). Be sure to add chicken bones
or at least chicken feet, as these are high in the nutrients found in
joints (glucosamine and condroitin).
Cover the bones with water. If you have far more water than bones in
your stock, it will not turn out correctly. So be sure to have a full
pot of bones, or at least have the water level an inch or 2 above the
bones.
Add a tbsp. or 2 of vinegar or lemon juice. This acid will help draw
the nutrients out of the bones, since you're essentially making a bone
extract.
Cook the bones for at least 24 hours. Some people do it for 12, but
that's not adequate for drawing all the nutrients from the bones.
Put it on high for the 1st hour, then simmer or cook it on low for the
remaining time.

If you like, you can roast the bones for half an hour beforehand to
enhance flavor. You can also add herbs to the broth while it's
cooking.

When I make bone broth, I actually keep mine going for about 10 days,
using broth and replenishing it as needed. It tastes great with or
without herbs. I will sometimes add basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic,
taragon, and turmeric.
I give the Golden Guy 1/3 cup every day or every 2 days. It is rich in
fat, so when introducing it to your dog, give 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup. I
don't recommend giving anymore than that in a day because it is so
rich.

I use bone broth in cooking a lot: for rice, eggs, grilling in a pan,
and just about any cooking that would require oil or butter. I will
also make a mug of it, add a little sea salt and black pepper, and
drink it. Disgustingly, some people call it meat tea. It tastes
delicious though.

Here's some articles on bone broth for pooches:
Bone Broth For Dogs? Here’s Why It’s A Great Idea!
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/reasons-your-dog-love-bone-broth/

How To Make Bone Broth For Your Dog
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/how-to-make-bone-broth-for-your-dog/
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs