[nagdu] Washington DC metro area puppies (add Rockville ADA)

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Fri Sep 11 12:02:57 UTC 2015

Tom, tADA says there is a difference between a "service animal" and an
"assistance animal."  A service animal has been specifically trained
to do a job, such as guide someone who is blind, alert someone who is
hearing impaired... and is a dog or, in some cases, a guide horse.  An
assistance animal is any animal that provides comfort and support.  An
assistance animal is not allowed into public places but a service
animal is.  My question is, if you only need the animal on a very
limited basis, like you said, why would you need to take your dog into
most public places.  You could definitely train your own dog to help
you along a wooded path if you have experience with dogs.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053