[nagdu] Camping with guides?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:55:00 UTC 2015

I've never gone camping, but I've participated in enough outdoor
activities with my dog that I have a pretty good idea how I would
handle it. I prefer to work my dog on rough terrain so I would work
him when walking any significant distance. During the rest of the
time, I would give him limited freedom to be a dog. It's really up to
you to know what your dog can and can't handle. I know Thai is great
off leash when he's swimming. After all, he loves nothing better than
water and a toy. In other situations, I usually start off with him on
a retractable leash, see how much he pays attention to me compared
with the environment, and decide from there whether it's safe to let
him off the leash. I like to bring a towel or blanket any time I spend
a night away from home. It gives my dog something to sleep on and,
more importantly, provides him with a place of his own.
Have fun camping, and let us know how it goes!

Danielle and Thai, who loves the outdoors