[NAGDU] Dog Food & Protein

Lisie Foster lisiefoster at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 01:13:49 UTC 2016

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted but I always enjoy reading emails from the list!

This is Lisie, with my 16-month-old dual trained hearing and guide dog, Finn, a Golden Retriever.

Finn currently eats 2 cups of food a day, split into two meals of 1 cup each. He is on the adult version of Wellness Chicken and Oatmeal. He is about 75 lbs now and 23" tall, and at a perfect weight.

I've recently increased his food to 2 and a half cups a day because he definitely needs it. He is no longer growing taller, but he is still filling out, both in girth and in his fur!

I love Wellness brand foods and all of my dogs have eaten it. I've never had luck with any of my dogs on a grain-free food. I can't do a raw diet.

What I wanted to ask was if anyone has any ideas for a food that would have a slightly higher protein ratio. The food he eats now has 24% which is decent but I'd like to find something that is a bit higher in protein and maybe is designed for a more active dog, which he is.

Does anyone have any ideas for a food that has worked for you, that is fairly easy to find, that can be found either in pet supply stores like Petco or preferably can be auto-shipped through an online retailer like chewy.com, and isn't extremely expensive?

Thank you so much!

Lisie and Finn
Sent from my iPhone