[NAGDU] Two Years Together

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 02:34:05 UTC 2016

Hello:

Two years ago today, I was on class at Pilot Dogs and was introduced to my
new dog.  Eva, a 53 pound,   light blond golden retriever had just turned 14
months old the week before.  She walked into the room tail wagging, giving
lots of golden kisses and  eager to meet me.  I welcomed her with tears and
hugs of joy.  Later that afternoon we took our first walk around the block.
I knew from those first steps together that they had made a perfect match.
Right from that first day she listened to me and was very calm, even when
her trainer was around us.  Eva is very sweet and gentle.  She is easy to
control and walks slow without pulling.  We graduated ten days later and
returned home on April 25th, which just happened to be my birthday.  Due to
my physical limitations I had almost given up on getting another dog but
Pilot found my precious golden miracle.  We celebrated our second
anniversary together by me adding some roasted chicken to her dinner and
tonight she enjoyed a Schwan's Doggie Sundae cup while I ate my ice cream
sundae.  Eva is enjoying getting out more now in the nice spring weather.
Today we met up with four ducks walking along the sidewalk in front of us.
The little golden girl kept her attention on her work but, I could feel the
happy dance to her step and wagging tail.  We have had a wonderful two years
together and I hope for many more.  A guide dog is truly a precious
wonderful treasured gift from God,  After all, what is dog spelled backward?
Give all your dogs an extra hug from us.

Sandra and Eva