[NAGDU] Taking really long walks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 15 17:43:57 UTC 2016

The hiker says he works his dog 10-15 miles every day.  I was thinking about
that.  His dog must have a good pace, or he's got a lot of free time.  Maybe
he counts it as work time, keeping in shape for hiking.

Krokus takes about 90 minutes to go 3 miles, though that includes many
street crossings and a lot of cracked sidewalks.  Even so, he's a bit more
of a stroller than I'd prefer.  On the other hand, I have tripped over a big
crack and landed hard, which isn't any fun at all.

I think Krokus is just a guy who needs some time to react.  He can dodge
someone rushing out from a shop we're passing, but he'd prefer to have some
time to plan his moves.  Or maybe I'm making excuses for his ambling self.

Tracy