[NAGDU] {Spam?} Guide Dogs And Canes

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 22:58:29 UTC 2016

I have a very valid reason for hating long canes.  My little three year old
golden Eva still suffers from chronic infections in her left eye after being
hit by a cane at our 75th anniversary convention.  At that same convention I
was tripped several times by the long canes and suffered multiple injuries.
That isn’t good for someone like me who already had to deal with severe
arthritis and multiple sclerosis.  It would be nice if the cane user’s would
be more careful when around our guide dogs.  I can’t imagine ever attempting
to use a cane to work with my guide dog.  Oh, by the way, Eva isn’t my first
dog to be hurt by a cane, it has happened to three of my previous guides
over 40 years.  Vet bills for injured dogs are very expensive and loss of
vision for a guide is traumatic.  Now you know why I hate them, especially
the extra long NFB canes!!!  Oh if you don’t like what a person is saying,
and it is the complete truth even if you don’t want to admit it, then just
hit the delete key.  Stop being word police and stopping valid
conversations.  This is not comunist Russia!!!  It is the United States of
America where we have the  right to free speech.

Sandra and Eva, who hates all canes!!