[NAGDU] Dogs and spite?

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Thu Apr 21 10:04:47 UTC 2016

Oh my, well I do know of  a lady whom I trust who has a golden retriever.
Why I say "whom I trust"? Because the story I'm going to tell you sounds
like one someone would make up or exaggerate but I know her well and believe
it.
Ever since she had her baby boy her golden  retriever would do things like,
well, defecate in her bed.  If she was nursing her baby or things like that
the dog would try to but in, and maybe felt it's alpha wasn't giving it the
attention that it felt it needed--smile the defecating in the bed incident
happened when she was in the shower and then rocking the baby, so the golden
had time to presumably get on her bed and leave a calling card. .
It seems to have calmed down in the last few years,  but that has to be some
type of emotion, jealousy? I don't know.
Anyway, straying a bit far from guide dogs but that is a story I believe and
how can I explain it other than some type of emotion.
Of course human beings really can do things for spite and can make elaborate
plans and do things that aren't very nice--smile.
But dogs have their ways.

Yours sincerely,
Dan W. and the Parker Hound