[NAGDU] {Spam?} Re: Apartment Complex- Picking up poop

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 21:39:59 UTC 2016

I am referring to the original message on this topic.  She referred to a
situation that came up on another group.  I also saw this being discussed
elsewhere and thought perhaps it was the same situation.

The factor that makes a big difference to me is that the person could get
fined by the apartment complex even if the poop didn't belong to that dog
owner.  It was based strictly on location.  If the poop was in your yard,
you were responsible for picking it up or pay the fine.  If it were me, that
would royally piss me off.  I'm not going to be a very nice person if I have
to go over every square inch of my yard or hire someone to come and pick up
after other people's dogs.  So even though I'm not a big fan of the DNA
testing, it does go a long way toward solving the problem.

Now for me personally and what I do...when away from home I pick up
immediately after my dog, unless we are at the farm or someplace similar.
At home I have someone clean up the yard on a weekly basis. It works for me
and that is all I need.  Others are free to do what works for them and I
won't say a word unless it creates a problem for me.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC